Sunday, August 28, 2005

Homestudy -- Half Way There



Well, we have finished our four homestudy visits. They were totally painless although a little drawn out because of a 5 week break in the middle. Now we have to wait for the report to be written and then it is on to the I-620. That is the form that we must submit to receive permission to bring an orphan into the US. It takes 6-8 weeks to receive the approval and then our agency gets all of our dossier paperwork certified and authenticated which takes about 3-4 weeks. Hopefully by December we will be finished with the paperwork and have everything on its way to China!!!!

I am itching to start shopping for this little girl. I have bought the fabric for her bed skirt and curtains, a Little People Asian doll, and a couple of outfits. Alex picked out some socks for her when we went shopping at the Nike store. He wanted to get her shoes and and outfit as well, but we didn't let him. I told him that we would go but some toys for her once we get the paperwork done. I have been thing about the nursery. I want to do it in butterflies and daisies with bright colors. We bought a Chinese butterfly kite that is beautiful(See picture, it looks better in person). It has the character for good luck on its wings and is decorated with bats,which symbolize good luck in China .

Carrie

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm enjoying reading your blog and the process for adoption. Sounds like it is getting closer.

I think it's wonderful how you are incorporating the Chinese culture into her life in America.