Sunday, April 05, 2009

One year and one day ago

One year and one day ago was one of the best days of my life. It was the end of a horrible wait and the beginning of a new love. It was the day that we received our referral for Annika.
It was a Friday and I was in class. I was hot and heavy on the rumor queen, holding out hope that we wouldn't have to wait through the weekend, another horrible two days. But then at around 10:15 I got the call from David that changed our family forever. I still remember how much relief I felt to finally have that wait finished. That caused me some of the worst days of my life. She was definitely worth everything we went through to get her.
I can't believe it has only been a year since our referral. It seems like she has been here forever. We all love her just as much as she loves us. She has made us a complete set for sure. She and Alex are ridiculously cute together. They run to each other most afternoons to share a hug and often hold hands on the ride home from Alex's school. She is becoming a Daddy's girl, but still has times when she wants her Mommy.
Here are a couple of the pictures that we received that day. I still don't think it looks like her in the pictures.
She has always had so much hair.

Just included this one for the shoes.

1 comment:

Sean and Mic said...

So adorable! 4/4 was also our one year referral anniversary, and I also cannot believe that it has only been a year. our lives have changed so much in the past 12 months, that it seems like it has been much longer.

Love following your blog.