Friday, April 25, 2008

May have made the cut this time

Well, we heard yesterday that we may have missed out on the extra fun the China has added to the visa application process. We sent our applications on April 7 and their requirements changed on April 15. There are a few families in our travel group were asked for additional stuff to complete their application, but I think they mailed their applications later than we did. The woman at our agency said that it is going to take about 4 weeks to get the visas back because the embassy in NYC is having some kind of problems. I would think there are alot of problems since the totally changed the requirements to apply for a visa without telling anyone that they were going to do it. Don't even get me started on China and their inability to share information with anyone. I know it is a communist country and its all about saving face, but doesn't it make you look bad to withhold information and then just let things drop into peoples laps? SOOOOOOOOOO SICK OF DEALING WITH THEM!!!! I find China a fascinating place and I am sure that we will love visiting there and experiencing the culture and meeting the people, they always look so friendly in everyones' pictures. But I have to say I HATE dealing with the secrecy that seems to be involved in everything that they do. I cannot wait to get this adoption finalized so that I don't have to deal with them any more. We are going to raise Annika (and Alex) to be proud of and appreciate the Chinese culture, but I can't wait to not have to deal with the CCAA anymore.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Well it's nice to finally hear someone say what we have all felt at one time or another about the CCAA..
Thanks for sharing
Wendy