Friday, February 08, 2008

One Step Closer

We received our Assignment Preparation Letter today. It is all the info we need to know about the day that our referral arrives, a set of questions and camera instruction for our after referral care package, and the 411 on accepting or declining your referral. It also stated that receiving the email does not mean that our referral is not necessarily happening next month but is getting closer. Some one I knew with an early December LID received their letter in August. This means that we could still have quite a wait ahead of us yet.

Since we took this little step I decided to go cruise Target after school today. I only bought a couple of things from our packing list that were on sale. I did browse the clothes. It is weird to think after two and a half years (since applying) of waiting, the clothes I look at could actually be something that Annika may wear. I have looked at clothes for a long time, but generally did not buy unless it was on sale or I bought a toddlerish size. Now in a few weeks, we may be able to go buy clothes that in the actual size that our child will wear when she gets home. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

3 comments:

Two Pearls said...

Oh, you'll have a chance to shop alright. Have I sent you a copy of my packing list? I think we spent several hours in the medicine aisles at Walmart buying everything we thought we might need. It was crazy...I carried a small pharmacy with me. Luckily, we didn't need anything but some cold tablets, but I was happy to take it all. I ended up donating some of the meds to the stores around the White Swan.

Speaking of that packing list...I need to dig it out again. I'm teaching PTAG in March!!!

Amy said...

When you do know a size, feel free to let us know as I have TONS of really pretty outfits that Ruby has outgrown & am happy to pass them on to miss Annika! *hugs* from our corner of New England...

-Amy & Ruby Cate

Anonymous said...

Carrie, That is awesome! I'm so happy for you. Its getting closer!!!!