I was visiting the forum at the queendom this afternoon and there is a thread about families in your travel group that really drove you crazy when you traveled. The woman who started the thread wanted to avoid being one of the annoyers when she travels. Here are some of the things on the list.
- Families who are always late for everything (This one would get under my skin pretty quickly; we are usually the first ones to arrive everyplace we go which gets to be kind of embarrassing after awhile)
- People who talk while the guide is speaking to the group (Don't even get me started on this one. As a teacher this drives me crazy (Groups of teachers in one place together are terrible about this, by the way))
- People who have children traveling who are poorly behaved (the children, not the parents)
- Excessive shoppers (and this is a problem because???; no problem with this one unless it leads to number 1)
- People who compare their children to everyone else's
Here are some things that may be added to the list after we hit China.
- loud and excessive snoring (not telling you which one of us is worse, but I don't think it is me)
- excessive hogging of leg room on the bus (We're both 6'3" and I am "leggy")
- talked excessively about how wonderful their new child is
- talked excessively about how cute/adorable/sweet/wonderful everyone else's child is
- wouldn't stop kissing/hugging/tickling/talking to their kid
- wore those ugly Crocs the entire trip (have already bought a tan pair without holes: work for winter in New England and traveling in countries where you don't want any thing "environmental" touching your feet)(Maybe it will just be David that says this)
So, I want to apologize in advance to any of you that may be in our travel group. Can't wait to walk The Wall with you, go shopping with you, and most importantly, get our daughter with you. Just don't be late.