Monday, March 19, 2007

Ribs anyone???



Tonight Alex informed us that men have fewer ribs than women do. He learned this at his private, catholic school. I almost laughed at first and then I realized that he was being serious. In case you didn't already know this, I am a high school biology teacher and a certified athletic trainer. I practically majored in anatomy and physiology in college. He would not believe me when I told him that the information he received was incorrect. I actually had to find pictures on the Internet and count the ribs for him (linked to picture on the left). He went to bed telling me that "special" men had fewer ribs than women and I didn't know what I was talking about because I don't know about the Catholic religion. I am not catholic so I have been unable to answer saint questions as we have gone through the school year, this makes me not an "expert on Jesus" as Alex would say.


We have been having some communication issues lately with the school because the only person we have to deliver messages to us is 6 years old. I am hoping that this is just another one of those misunderstandings. We had major issues with dress code a couple of weeks ago, because he was not wearing the proper clothes for gym day. That lead to a couple of emails and now we are on the right track with what to wear.


Next year he will be going to public school and is very excited to be able to wear whatever he wants including t-shirt like these (they are from Old Navy) and blue jeans.

No comments: