Monday, February 05, 2007

Hey, China

SHOW ME THE BAAAABBBBYYYYY!!!!
(can't stand Tom Cruise, but thought it would be funny)
Hello and welcome to month 13. I totally forgot it was today until I was making dinner tonight. [We had a healthy combination of hot wings (from the Fry Daddy) and home made french fries (from the Fry Daddy). We were supposed to eat them yesterday during the big game, but were to stuffed from our lunch out at our favorite seafood shack (all fried, of course) to eat anything last night. (We don't make it a habit to eat all fried all the time, it just happened that way today.)] It has kind of been a bad baby afternoon for some reason. I was feeling pretty good about everything this weekend when referrals came out. It seemed like the end was in sight. Now it just seems like an unbelievably long time. It is kind of overwhelming when you think that we started this process (agency application) 20 months ago and we still have at least six months left. UUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!
It has been a long time since I put up a decent post so I thought I would catch ya'll up tonight.


Yesterday was the Penguin Plunge. I couldn't take the plunge this year because I have bronchitis (AGAIN!! That's twice this winter. Thank goodness no bad antibiotics side effects this time). Here is a picture of me on the beach being a chicken (a non-plunging fundraiser). It was 15 out with a windchill in the single digits. I was upset that I didn't get to go into the water, but there's always next year. There were alot of crazy people there. Over 700 people participated and raise over $450,000. It is a great time.

This picture is of a couple of people on a different team. They all wore rubber butts that had been dusted with glitter so they looked icy. I took a little video of everyone going in the water and rushing back out and I caught two people with butts running by, it looks kind of funny. I also took some video of some men making snow angels on the beach after they got out of the water. If I can remember how to post a video, I will put it up later.

We changed semesters a little over a week ago. This is one of the reasons that I haven't been around to much lately. The kids finish an entire course a semester. This means that the change classes at the semester. They take four classes a day for one and a half hours each. Anyway, I am teaching all lower level classes. This can be great experience if you get the right mix of kids. Unfortunately, it also means that you can get a class that makes you want to throw yourself out the window. Luckily, I didn't get any "out the window" classes (although a few of my students could drive a person to drink), but I did get lucky enough to get one wonderful class. I have been retooling things a little bit to hopefully get everything started off on the right foot (You never get a second chance to get them back once you lose them.) I think things are going well, hopefully we aren't still in the honeymoon phase.

We are looking forward to winter break in the end of February. We are heading down to NYC for a few days to visit some friends and family and go to the Natural History Museum. I am hoping to get going on some Annika stuff. I still need to finish the bedding. The quilt has been sitting on the back of my chair in the craft room for a few months now. I would also like to make myself a couple of diaper bags. I have some really cool fabric that I am going make them out of. I have made them for some of my family members and some friends in the past, but have only made myself a work bag. We also need to empty out the room that will be the nursery. There is so much stuff in there that is just piled in the middle of the floor. I found this really cute border on line, and I am planning on ordering it at Lowe's.
Well, gotta go get back to work. Leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

rubber butts? TOO FUNNY!!

I like the fabric you picked.

~Danielle

ps ..word veriification was
XODUNCE...only i could get that one ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE TOM CRUISE BUT YOU STINK!!!

M3 said...

So sorry you couldn't do the plunge, that bites! Glad you went and documented it though, since that rubber butt pic is hilarious!

Love the Tom Cruise show me the baby, and also the border.

Fun post!