Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Little Bit Worried

I am starting to get a little bit worried about our trip through the review room. I have two very rare, weird blood disorders that cause my blood to clot . I have had two deep vein thrombosis (blood clots) and one pulmonary embolism because of the disorders. I am taking blood thinners and have no problems with the clotting as long as I continue the meds. While these disorders come in handy when I am teaching genetics to my biology classes, it may be a whole other story when it comes to this adoption. I have seen in various places that medical issues are being more closely scrutinized lately and I am wondering if this will effect us or not. I am sure that we will be okay but this seems like our last big hurdle. It would really be crushing to wait this long and then get turned down because of a medical condition (that also prevents me from having more biological children).

1 comment:

Dani said...

Carrie, did you get my email?