Saturday, April 01, 2006

Word to the Mothers


We had our first travel group outing this afternoon at China Town in Boston. There were seven mother-to-be's present, unfortunately some of the people that were planning on coming were unable to make it. We had a great lunch and then hit a kitchen store and a couple of the area bakeries (I HAD to buy bean paste buns while I was there!!!! Boy are they good!!) We had a nice time getting to know each other and discussing this situation that we have all gotten ourselves into. A couple of the women are on their second go round. One of them is using our agency for the second time. It is going to be great having people around that already know what to expect.

I think that I have a problem with some ingredient that they use in authentic Chinese food (MSG?). The reaction that I had to our great lunch this afternoon was similar to the one I had last September when we went to China Town to eat dim sum. Everything tasted fantastic and then about 30 minutes later I started to feel the effects. It could be a long two weeks in China, or I may be eating a lot of plain white rice.

*The picture says "You good?" (according to the web site I checked). You may choose to answer and increase my email traffic if you would like!!*

2 comments:

Johnny said...

My personal solution to too much MSG in Chinese food is a good old fashioned Coca-Cola.

Something in there makes the queasiness go away. Just my 2 cents.

Kristin said...

You weren't the only one who suffered-- I had my own battle with "digestive distress."

--Kristin