Sunday, April 02, 2006

The curse continues



I should know by now not to schedule things early on the Sunday morning after daylight savings time ends. I generally end up messing up the time and than being late. One year I was supposed to work a soccer tournament that started 8 am an hour away from our house. Not only did I fall back instead of springing forward I also overslept. Needless to say, I completely missed the first game of the day. Thank goodness two of us were working the event.

Well, today I had the opposite problem. I was supposed to leave at 5:30 to go to Boston to help administer the athletic training exam. I was very proud of myself because I reset the clock last night. (Okay I set them back first, but then realized my mistake and changed them to one hour forward. I can be a bit "blonde" from time to time.) So, I went to bed last night feeling pretty good about not being late. I didn't know that the clock automatically sets itself for the changes in time. I ended up getting up at 3:40, thinking it was 4:40. Needless to say, I had a very nice nap this afternoon when I got home from the test and am heading to bed early tonight.

To top it all off, I am still suffering the effects of our wonderful lunch in China Town yesterday afternoon.

No comments: