Saturday, March 18, 2006

I don't know!!!

We went to a birthday party today and the hostess told her mother that we are adopting from China which led to the usual questions. When she asked when we would be getting our daughter I felt like I could honestly say that we have no idea.

We have been logged in for over two months with no end in sight. The wait could stay the same and be ten months, it could increase (like the horrible rumors say) and be 18 months, or (with a miracle) it could shorten (don't want to guess a timeframe on that one). Does anyone else feel like we don't have a deadline? Am I just missing the end that other people can see?

3 comments:

Stephanie V said...

I feel like I'm floating and not tethered. How do we move forward when we’re caught in limbo?

I know, it sounds a little fire and brimstone, but dude! Information sharing would go a long way here.

M3 said...

Hey Carrie, you're not alone! I think the whole blogging community feels like someone snuffed out the light at the end of the tunnel.

Want some advice that I wish someone had told me when I was around the 2-month mark? Tell everyone you know that it WILL be 18 months. Don't even hint that it could be shorter. That way you won't get caught like we all did with the horribly pitying looks when you sail past your imagined deadline and are caught in limbo for 6 months. And if it does happen to be shorter you'll have the most exciting surprise in the world to share with everyone. ;-)

Redheaded Chick said...

Definitely understand where you are coming from...my new response is "I'll be thrilled if we have her home for Christmas". Sadly though, I think it's going to be changed to "I'll be thrilled if we have a referral by Christmas".