Saturday, December 10, 2005

Depressing Thought



Someone on my agencies webgroup decided to sit down and calculate when she may get a referral since she was DTC on December 1. Her calculations led to a 19 month wait for referral (if the CCAA continues with the half month referral groups). This idea depresses the heck out of me considering that we aren't DTC yet (hopefully around the week of Xmas). I am trying to set my sights on the longest possible wait so that it will be a pleasant surprise if the wait is shorter, but this seems unbearably long. I keep hoping that we will wait long enough that they will catch up and that will make the wait shorter than the two years we are currently headed for.

Okay, my pity party is over now. I found the picture online and thought that it was appropriate.

2 comments:

Stephanie V said...

That picture...so sweet and so sad!

Pity party on! We're all suffering, it stinks.

Stephanie V said...

I keep coming back to that little face, it just breaks my heart. Have you scene the video that a family took of the orphanage their son was at? It's 30 minutes long and I watched maybe 4 minutes and then cried for an hour. Gah - it's so hard.

If you want me to send you the link, let me know. We can cry together.