Saturday, August 06, 2005

Tell her I love her

Today we went outside to mail a letter and Alex said that he wanted to mail a letter to China. I asked him who he had to send a letter to in China and he said his sister. He said that he wanted to draw her a picture and tell her that he loves her. It was so sweet it just made my heart do a flip. Everytime he sees a picture of a Chinese girl he asks if she has parents because we could have her be his sister. I have explained to him that his sister is in China waiting for us and we will get her next summer after he finishes kindergarten. We haven't told him about the travel yet and he hasn't asked how she will get to the US. We will deal with that issue when it gets closer to referral and we have worked out child care with my family.

No comments: