Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Princess Cranky Pants

Annika has been in a foul mood for the last few days. I think that she is cutting at least one tooth. She is usually pretty independent and likes to play on the floor or in one of her various baby contraptions for periods of time long enough where I can actually get some things accomplished around the house. Now she has decided that she needs to be held the majority of the time or she wants you sitting where she is actually able to reach out and touch you. She doesn't really cry so much as complain. We usually call it tattling (or being spicy). She kind of hollers in baby talk, it almost sounds like she is crying but there are no tears involved, and she looks back and forth between who ever she is talking to and whoever offended her. It is actually kind of funny unless she is doing it all the time. Another fun thing she has started in the last couple of days is biting my shirt. It wouldn't be that bad except sometimes she also gets skin. i keep telling her that I don't taste that good but she doesn't seem to believe me. Hopefully this is just the result of some new chompers and she will return to her wonderful self again soon.

We tried to have a play date with Grace from our travel group this morning, but she spent half of the time trying to crawl into my lap. She was very clingy. I don't know if she was confused because there was another baby from her orphanage here or it was just more of the crankies. Eventually she came around (after some food) and then ended up taking a nap for the remainder of their visit.

In other, non-cranky, news, my sister and her family are coming to visit starting on Thursday. They can't wait to get here and meet Annika.

1 comment:

Sean and Mic said...

Carrie- my little one is doing the same things!!! I cannot understand why she tries biting me (more like sucking on me), and she will do it to my arm, chest, or my legs (if she is on the ground and I am standing). At first I thought it was cute, but now I am thinking it is her way of dealing with something. And, she fusses a lot, without actually crying. Sometimes we tell her that she is faking it and I swear she knows that we are calling her bluff, because she tries to stiffle a giggle! I just think she is a little out of sorts from teething so much.
Oh, they are so much fun though!
I love your blog, and have been reading it since you got your referral the same time we did.