Tuesday, April 08, 2008

One Shining Moment

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!! K!!!!!! U!!!!!!!!

It makes me cry every year. The first time I really remember loving it was in '88 when KU won. I remember watching the game and Kansas winning and Danny Manning and everyone jumping on each other at the end of the game and that song playing. I think that I have seen it almost every year since then. It makes me wish that I watched more college basketball during the regular season. I love seeing the excitement, the love of basketball. Every year it makes me laugh and cry usually at the same time. Now I have it Tivo-ed so I can watch it again anytime that I want.
Last night I feel asleep at halftime, that's what happens when the tip-off is at almost 9:30 pm on a Monday night. I am sad that I missed such an awesome game when it was actually happening, I have hit the highlights on the Tivo recording this evening. I plan on watching it all the way through eventually. It just won't be the same waving the wheat a week after the game is already over (yes, I "wave the wheat" even when I watch them on television, even if I am laying in bed in my pj's with David snoring next to me; after every touchdown and at the end of any wins that I actually get to watch, which really aren't that many when we live in New England).
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!! K!!!!!! U!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! She is precious!

We just got home from watching the games in San Antonio! Kansas kicked butt! It was awesome to be there and cheer on the Jayhawks!! Just had to say hi to a fellow Jayhawk! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Again, Congratulations!

Alicia