Thursday, November 29, 2007

Josh

I think that Josh, the hamster, has pretty much reached the end of the road. He looks horrible and only lays in the bottom of the cage and breathes raggedly(is that a word?). He is a little over two years old, so he is practically ancient at this point.

I have to take the dog to the vet tomorrow afternoon and David suggested that I take the hamster along as well. So now I have to rush home tomorrow after work, picking up Alex on the way. Get home, have Alex change into his Tae Kwan Do uniform, get the overly excitable dog, and the dying hamster in the van and head out about 15 minutes later. Take everyone to the vet and return home without the hamster (that will be FUN). Then, console the heartbroken 7 year old for about 15 minutes before we head to the Y for Tae Kwan Do. BRILLIANT PLAN!!!!! I am hoping that he will die sometime between now and tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 so that we don't have to deal with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is the hamster that old already? wow i remember when you got it. i hope everything goes ok at the vet! its hard when they lose their pet. thinking about you guys

danielle

Gail said...

I am sorry.
Losing a pet stinks. I don't care what kind of pet.
Give Alex a hug.