Thursday, October 04, 2007

Mistake

I think that I made a big mistake. I got a little to cocky about this whole wait thing. I got overly confident thinking that we would probably get a referral in February at the latest, hopefully in January. Well, silly me. CCAA only did 5 days of referrals this month and two of those days were a weekend so they don't really count. It is supposedly one of the smallest batches since the slow down started. Who knows what they are going to do next. I am really sick of this crap. I have no problem with waiting if they would just share some f---ing information with us. I have a six (seven tomorrow) year old that wants a sister. I have a mother who wants another grandchild. I have siblings that want another niece. And I would someday like to be able to say "The cute one over there is my daughter." Heck, I would like to be able to tell people that we are adopting without having to update them for two years on how our adoption is going (actually not going anywhere). I have been silly enough to tell students that I will probably be out for awhile next semester because I will be on "maternity" leave. Maybe that's what did it. I think I have cursed all of us by being hopeful and actually making plans. I guess I need to go back to not having expectations and keeping my mouth shut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, Carrie, I could have written that post. I started telling everyone at work "January, maybe February" instead of keeping my big trap shut, and now, suddenly, people that didn't even know we were waiting are coming up to me to offer congratulations. I could just crawl into a hole and die. I was just thinking about our get-together in April, and how we were all guessing we'd hear by October/November. Well, here it is, October. And we ain't gettin' a referral next month. What more can anyone say? Keep the faith.

Julie