Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Summer Fun



Well, I am finally almost up and running again with the new laptop. Just need to install a photo editor and I will be set.

Last week my parents came for a visit. We were all over New England. We spent one day in the White Mountains and visited the world's largest candy counter here and had an amazing turkey lunch . The next day we took in Mystic seaport followed by Sturbridge Village in Sturbridge, MA.
This week Alex is at farm camp. It is Eco-adventure camp. So far they have spent some time each morning cleaning out stalls, which Alex thinks is pretty cool. His new favorite word is manure. Today they built forts and troll traps and learned about oil spills and zebra mussels. I signed a release for him to go horse back riding so that should be exciting. He had me a little worried yesterday, when he looked at a calf and had to ask if it was a horse or a cow.
So far this week I have worked on the hundred wishes quilt, who knew it took so long to cut out 256 squares!!!!!! Today I mowed the yard and trimmed all of the bushes and trees. The plan for the rest of the week includes starting planning for school and boy scouts. I am teaching a different class next year (anatomy and physiology) and have to get myself organized. I am also going to be Alex's cub scout leader so I am meeting with a neighbor who is on the pack committee so that I can start organizing that as well.
We are going to Orlando in the beginning of August. We are going to hit Universal and Sea World. It seems strange not to be going to Disney, but I think we will all survive. After that is boy scout camp and then we start back to school.

No comments: