Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Our Wait


If we were these we would be having our baby this month.
We were talking about the wait over dinner tonight because I want to give David a trip to a photography workshop over Columbus Day weekend and he is worried that we may be traveling then. I told him that I don't think that we need to worry about that and he should go. Alex is starting to get an opinion on the whole situation now. He thinks that "they" don't want us to have a baby girl. He thinks that it is taking entirely to long (like the rest of us) and really doesn't understand why they haven't got to us yet (like the rest of us). It is hard to explain something when you don't even know why it is happening.
I am starting to feel like I shouldn't be planning and shopping for a baby. I almost feel foolish to be thinking about what we may need when it could be almost another year before we get a referral (if they keep up this pace). When people ask about it now I almost feel embarrassed to have to tell them that we don't know when we will hear anything about the baby. It is embarrassing when people feel sorry for us and the length of time that we have had to wait.

No comments: