Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Backyard Tour

We spent most of the weekend working in the yard. I put in a garden and planted some stuff and David painted the deck and put up a pole for my new hammock.

This is my new "Chiefs" hammock (I ordered a blue one, but was accidentally sent one that is red and yellow with blue and lime green added in). My old rope one broke on Mother's Day just as I was laying in it to read. This one broke yesterday just as I was laying in it to read. David worked for two days getting the post in and quikcreting it. I think that either post should have been buried a little deeper or I need to lose a little weight.
I put this garden in on Saturday afternoon. It has tomatoes, green and habenaro peppers, cilantro, and sunflowers planted in it. The pots around it also have tomatoes in them. Hopefully next summer I will be able to put a wood frame around this garden like the other one that I have.
I guess I should call this one the spider web garden for now. There are peas, cucumbers, and radishes planted in here. We planted the seeds last week and everything is now starting to come up. You can see the radishes in the front of the bed. I put this bed in two years ago. I have been fairly successful with peas, green beans, carrots, and radishes. For some reason I have little luck with tomatoes so decided to build them a new home on the sunnier side of the house.
This is a picture from our woods. The back part of our yard is wooded and we get Lady Slipper Orchids every spring. They seem to be increasing in number each year. I think that they are kind of strange looking but thought I would share.

No comments: