Saturday, March 03, 2007

You're Invited

(To my pity party)

I am sitting here all alone at home while my boys are out partying it up at the CNY party thrown by our states FCC chapter. I unfortunately have caught yet another viral/bacterial/who-the-hell-knows cold/sinus infection/unknown ailment. I have been sick since New Years Eve. I am tired of it and want it to go away. After a trip through a snow storm to the doctor, I spent yesterday in bed. I would be in the recliner right now but there is no TIVO in that room and I want to watch Dirty Jobs. I have been excited about going to this party for a long time and instead I am sitting (well, technically, lying) here instead.

I hate going to the doctor when I feel like crap and having them tell me that all I need to do is take some sudafed and cough syrup. I always feel like there isn't really anything wrong when this happens (obviously there is if I spent all day in bed). My lungs sound clear but the certainly don't feel that way.

Okay, pity party over.

No comments: