Sunday, March 11, 2007

Our weekend and other misc. c***


Why is that the weekend never seems long enough? I even had a three day weekend this week because I woke up with pink eye on Friday so I stayed home from work and slept all day (I think that I finally kicked the vicious cold cycle that I had going as well, keep your fingers crossed). That evening Alex had Tae Kwon Do and found out that he gets to test for his white belt at the end of the month. This is very exciting news and he proceeded to call his cousins and grandparents as soon as we got in the van. He has to break a board and is very excited. (I will try to post the video after he accomplishes this).
Saturday morning we slept in and then went to lunch and hit a local furniture store that is going out of business. I really wanted to get white furniture for Annika's bedroom, but did not know what we would be able to find in the price range we were looking at. Well, luckily they had a very cute set that included the dresser, chest of drawers, night stand and a twin foot and headboard. (David picked it up today and I will post pictures at another time, maybe as a "before" of the nursery). After the shopping spree I spent some time making room in the nursery for the new furniture. Then we were out the door to the Blue and Gold dinner for Cub Scouts. Alex got his Tiger badge and we had a good time watching the Indian dancers (a group of older scouts that study Native American dances) and Mr. Phil (a popular magician in our area).
While we are on the subjects of scouts, I am probably going to become a den leader next year. I may be crazy to start that at around the same time that Annika is coming home, but I feel like it is something that I need to do. David and I both enjoyed scouting when we were younger and we want Alex to have a similar experience. This year hasn't been so great and I think that I would make a pretty good leader. If you have been a leader or know someone who has, leave me a comment to let me know what I am getting into!!
Alex has a half day tomorrow and David is training a new employee so that means I will only be working in the morning tomorrow. I teach three 1 and a half hour blocks a day with one block off for planning. By taking the afternoon off, I will only miss one class. That class tends to be the most challenging of the three because of behavior problems that occur in there. It is a good class to miss because I won't have to deal with the stress that they can sometimes cause, but it is also bad because a sub will have to deal with them and I will have to handle the mess when I get back on Tuesday. Plus, I will be out of that class for two days in a row. Oh well, a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.

No comments: