Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Countdown

I had to take the countdown ticker off of my blog. It was cute, but it seems kind of pointless at this point. It took me about 30 minutes to figure out how to put it on my blog, but it was kind of bumming me out looking at it so out it goes.

I think I need to go back to my old attitude about this wait. In the beginning I told myself (and others) that we would be waiting 12 months for our referral. Then I made the mistake of reading some boards and screwed myself all up. So I am going back to 12 months (I may even tell myself 18 just to be safe) and hoping for the best. I don't understand (as I'm sure everyone else doesn't also) why China is not giving a more firm timeline for the process right now. At this point we could be traveling next March or next August. That is a big difference when you are a teacher.

We had originally hoped to travel in June, and maybe with the wait we will be back on that schedule just a year later than we had hoped. The funniest thing about all of this is that David had originally wanted to wait until this spring to start the process so that we could save some money but then decided that we could go ahead last spring. We may end up getting our daughter at the same time as we would have if we hadn't waited.

No comments: