Last night while watching the Super Bowl, I had a few moments of personal insight. I hope these are not to much for you all to handle.
1. The Rolling Stones really creep me out. There music is okay, but I can't stand to look at them. A group of skinny, pruny, skanky looking old men do absolutely nothing for me. What do people see in them? Can someone please explain this to me? I thought that if Mick Jagger lost one more layer I was going to become physically ill last night.
2. I am SOOOO SICK of the Desperate Housewife women. I don't watch the show and really don't want to know ever detail of these women's lives. It is really hard to be an entertainment junkie when they are everywhere. There were way to many commercials for that show last night. Like people didn't know that it wouldn't be on this week due to the Super Bowl, give me a break.
3. Great sports moments make get me everytime. I almost cried at the end of the game when they showed Bill Cower with his family. I really like him even though I am not a Steelers fan. He used to be an assistant coach for the Chiefs, so he is like extended family. Nothing breaks me up faster than a good victory celebration. I get butterflies in my stomach and a knot in my throat. I used to be an athletic trainer at a large high school in Texas. Some of the football players and I would have discussions about how the "One Shining Moment" song at the end of the NCAA championship game could choke us up everytime. I am getting ready to get hopped up on the winter Olympics in a few days. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
4. I almost cried at the end of the game because Jerome Bettis got to win the Super Bowl in his hometown in his last game in the NFL. I think he looks like a big teddy bear. His retirement announcement was a little corny (The bus stops here) but it was still a great sports moment. (Kind of an extension of #3, but The Bus deserves his own number)
5. I really have a dumb sense of humor. My favorite commercial this year was the cell phone with the theft deterrent system. It cracked me up when the guy hit the floor. I also liked the one with the doctor and the dead fly. (I missed that one last night but caught it on the news this morning.) Budweiser usually makes the best Super Bowl ads. The streaking lamb should become a classic. The "I'm going to Disneyland" commercial was cute also.