Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Home Day

Today has been fairly long. Alex and I left the house at 6 this morning , stopped at McDonald's to grab some pancakes to go, and went to school. We start school at 7:15 here so we have to be up and out of the house pretty early. I dropped him off and went in to get ready for a meeting with the principal(getting observed tomorrow, wish me luck). I don't actually go to class until 8:45ish because I have the first block off. I got an email from Dave at 8:55 stating that Alex had vomited at school and I would need to pick him up because Dave carpooled in this morning and had no way to get to the daycare to get Alex. So I was in class for a total of about 20 minutes today.

We got home around 10 and watched Spy Kids 2 (not that terrible, Robert Rodriguez does pretty decent kids movies). We played video games on my laptop and an alphabet game. Alex decided(because I abandoned him on the coach with a pillow, blanket, and Froggy) to take a nap at about 4:15 and is still sleeping now (6:20). Hopefully he will sleep tonight. I figure he is not feeling well so he needs to get some rest.

God Lord, there may be another hurricane forming in the tropics(I am watching the news). It would be called Stan. Hurricane Stan sure doesn't sound to terrible does it?!?!

Stan was followed by a story about the world's largest Boston Cream Pie that was made in Boston this afternoon. I don't know why they made it, I was just distracted from typing by the words "World's Largest" and "Pie" that close together.

So anyway, back to my day. I have spent the last hour looking online for a dwarf hamster breeder in New Hampshire instead of grading. That's right, Alex is still hanging onto the hamster wish. Or as he says, he has his "brain locked on hamsters". It was briefly unlocked when he discovered the Gameboy, but that only lasted a few days and then it was right back to Frank and Honestly (see earlier post).

Okay, that's enough rambling for one day.

No comments: